1. Face painting
You can buy the face painting material from a book shop. It comes with color paint together with instruction booklet. Or, you can use your lipsticks, eye shadow, blusher as the paint material. Make sure it's clean and non-toxic, kids skin is very sensitive. If you worried about the quality of the paint material, dont paint it on their face, do it on their leg or arm, as a tatoo, they will love it.
Leyi like the face painting, although we just did it once. Believe me, it's difficult to paint on the face.... well, may be I'm not the good artist. :-(

2. Thumb Face 拇指臉
This is easy, just take a pen and draw a face with expression on the little thumbs. It can be a happy face, sad face, angry face, with hair or bald, up to your creativities. Let the two little thumbs "talk"& "hug" to each others. You can show them how to hide the thumbs and let the two thumbs play hide and seek. Believe me, it's fun. I tried it on Chermine (my niece), Brian (my colleague's kid) and Leyi. They love it!
3. Food stamp
Cut fresh carrot, potato, okra 莢豆by half. Carve 雕刻 a figure or any geometric designs 幾何圖形 out of the cut surface, color and stamp 壓印 it on the paper. Here you go.


4. Fingers and palm print/stamp
Color your fingers and stamp it on the paper. Very easy, just color the little thumb of Leyi and help her to stamp it on the paper, it made a nice flower petals. Or, you can choose to color the whole index finger, stamp it, it made a great tree trunk. Or, just color the whole palm and do a “star walk” hand print like what we see in Hollywood Boulevard. :-)




5. Full body message after bath
This is the moment Leyi enjoys, after bathed, I will wrap her up with towel. She named herself “ah-nene”. In the bedroom, she lays herself on the bed, facing down and asking for “chop-chop-chop” body message. I will tuck her with towel and start doing messaging. I pressed on her shoulders with both hands and she starts giggling. I put my fingers together so it shape like a knife and start “chopping” action from her shoulders down to back and legs. Of course, it’s a very lightweight “chopping”. We both enjoy the moment very much.
Below shown the chopping action of Grandma. :-)

6. Food cocktail (正菜前用蟹肉,牡蠣肉或水果等做成的)開胃小吃
Kids like to play with foods; why not let them “play” with it. Well, sure I know cooking is too difficult and danger for them. I’m not referring to the burning heat cooking. But, how about just preparing the food? Helping to remove the vege-leaf, to tear the crab meat stick into strip 撕成細條 and …etc. I like to do it this way, cooked sausages, carrots, cucumbers and cut them into cubes, use a satay stick and put it together. She loves the cocktail stick she prepared.

No comments:
Post a Comment