My Krisflyer mileage going to expire soon, I was in a dilemma whether to:
1. exchange for ticket (my poor total mileage can redeem for 1 ticket only
2. take 2-5K miles to extend
3. redeem one ticket and buy one ticket for my girl
I went for option#3 since the school holiday was approaching (end May to early June). However, this is a costly option, as buying one child ticket is very expensive, compare to buying a pair. The SIA promotion on early May was RM640/adult all-in, but I have to buy 2 tickets and above.
After much consideration (I ever consider of taking Air Asia or luxury express bus service), I chose to buy 1 child ticket not under the promotion rate (cost me RM640 all-in) and redeem my mileage claim, which I still have to pay the airport tax of RM350. So, in total, I still have to pay ~RM1000 for air ticket alone. :-(
This was her first backpack trip, so I wanted to make it a relax one and we stayed in the backpacker hostel near Clark Quay, the location is good, but the room was not that satisfying. Till today, she still complaining the hostel and said “I don’t want to stay in hostel, I want to stay in hotel”, and “why you can stay in hotel when you’re on Japan trip, but I can’t”.
Come on, the Japan trip was biz trip, paid by company, and our family trip budget is come from your poor mum’s pocket! Look like I need to continue to brain-wash her to accept the idea of “hostel room is just for sleeping, as long as it is clean, the rest of the things is not important. Why bothering the cracked ceiling wall, the little stains on the wall? Right?
Besides that little unhappy of her, she really amazed me, she was tough, she can really walk long distance while sight-seeing, she didn’t grumble about hunger (this was not surprise to me, she never like to eat, so she seldom ask for food) nor tiring of walking. So, we able to spend whole day out and back to hostel late evening daily.
We spent 5 days there, we have lot of fun (except one day she threw her tantrum in the S’pore Flyer), and she loved to drag her Barbie luggage (with wheels) in the airport. “Like an air stewardess”, she told me.
After she back to school, she told her teacher she want to be air stewardess when she grow up (because she likes to drag the luggage bag!!!) and her body weight reduced by ~ ½ kg (walking long distance, no proper meals).

No comments:
Post a Comment