Thursday, November 02, 2006

Leyi's school concert


Oct 29 (Sun)
Leyi participated a few events: malays dance, pantun (malay's poem) presentation, English poem presentation (twinkle twinkle little stars) and she got a little prize (Neat Schoolwork Award) during the prize giving ceremony.
I have to admint it, I was kind of disappointed that she wasn't awarded with the Best Accademy Performance Award or Best Coloring Award. We have been working hard everyday to do revision, homework, writing A-Z & 0-20, coloring, reading ...etc. Well, may be she is good, but others are better.

Leyi was very looking forward to the school concert, because she could put on make-up (she always wanted to put on lipstick and I never allow her - I don't want to foster the behavor of emphasize on outlook only, as you know Beauty is but skin-deep), wear beautiful dress and to perform on stage. She woke up early on her afternoon nap, normally she has a hard time waking up from her afternoon nap.

I tied her hair up, making a knot of hair 髮鬟 on top of head. Later I put on the eye liner, eye shadow, lip liner, lipstick, cheek blushes ... She looked pretty. And, I'm so proud of my artwork. I always have the interest to be an hair-stylist or make up artist, and I'm glad that Little Leyi can be my make up model (or guiney pig :-) )















Leyi was so exited about the pretty face and pretty dress. She was jumping nonstop - leap for joy, and kept on asking me to take photos of her.

Leyi during the English poem presentation - twinkle twinkle little star











Leyi - Malay dance "Lengang Kangkong" and her baju kurung (Malays costume)














A happy Malay village girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah doi, children makeup also put on eyeliner & lipliner ar??? so expert la you... mummy normally also didn't make up one... but when make up on leyi looks very good la! So i think if mummy do make up everyday, then she will be make up artist liao... haha... :) don't worry about the prize... most important is the moment you shared with leyi on the homework, practising, colouring, reading and so on... that is the most precious part rite? I think leyi also happy enough that her mom supports her very much! Keep it up! Lastly, leyi is really cute, you sure are a proud mom! :)