Tuesday, November 27, 2007

爬山记 Hiking

爬山记 Hiking
This is the first time I took her for hiking. I waited for so long, she is 5 now, the leg muscle is fully developed. I finally have partner to go hiking together :-)

I have been "brainwash" her for some time ago, I told her this is a good exercise, we can enjoy the fresh air & greenery. However, she doesn't look as if she is "attracted" to this activity. She still prefer playgrounds and parks. And she thought "hiking" is something like rock climbing. She afraid she will fall from the cliff.

While we kicked off our hiking journey, she kept on complaining and refused to hike. She scared of the sounds from the forest (mixture of insects' sounds, winds blow through trees, monkeys ...and all others creatures inside the forest which I don't want to know), she thought there were monsters indise the forest.

I managed to calm her down by diverting her focus to photo-taking. She took a lot of photos using my digital camera. Finally, we reached our one and only pit-stop of this first hiking attempt. This was the halfway to the top. But, I decided to stop here. In total, we took around1 hour to reach this pitstop, which, based on my previous hiking-speed, this should take only 5 mins.

The photo explains all - on the way, we saw giant roots which looked like a python, we managed to capture the beautiful pinky flower of Mimosa pudica Linn. (aka Bashfulgrass or Sensitiveplant), we saw the cempedak tree full with cempedaks....





1 comment:

William Tay said...

Very nice photos especially the Shadow one. In fact Emily is not a bad photography at all.